Project Engineer - Bilingual in English + Chinese
Seeking a project engineer to oversee multiple simultaneous apartment building renovations and new apartment projects in San Francisco, CA. Coordination with internal construction crew and sub-contractor to ensure smooth construction progress. Coordination with other departments such as property management, leasing, asset management and accounting is vital to ensure Halyard’s smooth cooperation with its parent company, Ballast Group.
- Coordinate the activity of field team trades and third-party prime contractors.
- Oversee all onsite construction activity to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations while meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Ensure compliance with design documents.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Avoid problems and resolve any emerging ones with field team.
- Review, manage and mitigate risks to construction team and building occupants.
- Coordinate with design, property management and asset management teams on pre-construction planning for upcoming construction projects.
- Schedule and conduct building and special trade inspections.
Minimum Requirements + Qualifications
- BS degree in construction management, civil engineering or related field preferred.
- Bilingual with English and Chinese.
- Proficient understanding and experience in all maintenance trades. Expert in 2 or more trades. Demonstrates appropriate use of standard hand and power tools.
- Proficient technology and computer skills. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation.
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically and make well-reasoned business decisions.
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking capability.
- Exercise significant independent judgement, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- EPA or other certifications may be required.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Halyard Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all qualified applicants will be considered.